What is a Kingston Care Record?
The Kingston Care Record is a confidential electronic record of your health and social care information stored on a secure computer system.
Having your health and social care information in one safe place means your doctor, nurse or social worker will be able to offer you the best care and support quickly and safely.
How will a Kingston Care Record benefit me?
Having your health and social care information in one safe place will benefit you in several ways:
- You will receive the best possible care, support and treatment more quickly;
- You won’t be asked the same questions over and over again or have to keep repeating your medical or social care history;
- Doctors, nurses and social workers will be able to work better together and make the best decisions with you through access to the right information when they need it;
- You won’t need to have unnecessary appointments or tests;
- It will reduce the chances of errors being made and so will be safer for you.
Who will be able to see my record?
The Kingston Care Record is confidential and secure. Only doctors, nurses and social workers involved in your care and support will be able to see your record when you say they can, or in an emergency.
Your record is only used at the time you are receiving care and support and only after you have given your permission. Staff not involved in your care and support won’t be able to see your record.
If you don’t want your record to be seen at any time, all you have to do is say so. The choice is yours.