Kingston families are invited to attend a free evening of discussion around mental health next month. The event, which will be held on 8 March 2023, 6-9pm at Coombe Girls’ School, will feature several clinical speakers who will each look at a different area of mental health, with talks covering areas such as dementia care, how people can support their mental wellbeing and mental health in children and young people.
Our New Malden and Worcester Park Primary Care Network are responsible for planning the event in collaboration with Coombe Girls School and other mental health services.
PCN Clinical Director Dr Nick Merrifield will be co-hosting the event. He said: “The New Malden and Worcester Park surgeries know how important mental health is and we are starting to see that looking after it is as vital as our physical health. This event is targeted towards all of our local communities, with guest speakers covering topics that affect our young patients as well as our older population. It should be a great night and I look forward to seeing people there.”
Before and after the talks there will be an opportunity for those attending to have some refreshments and talk to the speakers and services directly.
- Dr Nihara Krause, Clinical Psychologist and Founder & CEO of Stem4
- Dr Nick Merrifield, Clinical Director of NMWP PCN, Kingston GP
- Ms Tabitha Colenso, School Mental Health Lead and Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
- Dr David Somerfield, Consultant psychiatrist specialising in memory disorders.
- Miss Elena Bantoft, Assistant Psychologist
- Dr Rachel Tucker, Head of Psychology and Psychotherapies for CAMHS and all Age Adult Eating Disorders
- Ms Annette Brown, Teacher and Community Learning Manager at Kingston Adult Education.
To book a place at the event, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mental-health-matters-tickets-530280552407
For further information please see our Mental Health Matters Event Poster.